Thursday, August 4, 2011

Life of a Military Wife!

Well it's been 3 years since I have had my own classroom to teach in and this evening I have an interview!!  I am beyond excited and completely 100% anxious at the same time.  The job is in NM where Andrew and I are being assigned and would be in a bilingual education classroom.  I do not have the endorsement to teach in that type of classroom, but the school system told me they are in desperate need of teachers and are willing to work with me.  When I sent in the application three days ago I also signed up to start taking classes to obtain my BLED endorsement.  I should be able to finish it by the end of next summer.  I am making lists right now, they calm me down.  If I get this job I am moving next week without my stuff, without a place to live, without a car, without my husband...BUT I'll have my dog, a job, and most importantly my God.

I feel like I'm putting the cart before the horse, but wanted to write about some of the practical things we go through as military wives.  Andrew is deployed and if I get this job there is a small chance I wouldn't be able to come back and be here when he returns.  I would be adding almost 2 months onto our separation.  I can't look at the "what-ifs" right now, I need to focus on getting ready for my interview tonight and getting things organized around my house.  Wish me luck!!

Jeremiah 29:11--Porque yo sé muy bien los planes que tengo para ustedes--afirma el Señor,--planes de bienestar y no de calamidad, a fin de darles un futuro y una esperanza.

No comments:

Post a Comment