Monday, April 11, 2011

Live Everyday Like He Deploys Tomorrow!

Well the dreaded day finally came.  My love got on a bus yesterday looking as handsome as ever in his ABUs and set off on what will be a very new adventure for both of us.  We are very familiar with separation.  We were separated the entire time we were dating, the first 3 months of our marriage, and countless TDYs since then.  Yesterday was different as he set off for his first deployment.  We have had some great times waiting his departure and I will cherish those memories over these next few months.  I decided I would finally start a blog while he is gone to keep him up to date on what is going on in my life back in Italy.

As difficult as yesterday was, I had almost a sense of relief when I heard the plane take off last night.  We have been waiting for about 2 weeks for him to leave.  We can now start counting the days until he returns.  Today and these next few days will be the most difficult.  Emails and phone calls will be treasured.  Hopefully he will be somewhat settled in by the end of the week and we can start our talking routine!

Yesterday I was able to spend some time with other wives whose husbands are with Andrew.  It is so nice to have such a large support system!  The ladies here are awesome, and I know this time will go by quickly.  After I got home I was exhausted so Dolce and I headed to bed...she quickly jumped up on our bed with me, didn't even bother to wait until I was asleep.  She knows when her dad is gone and she takes back what she considers her place on the bed!  Today I had lunch with a dear friend and had a great time just chatting away.  I then headed to another friend's house and made some cookies that I will be mailing out tomorrow.  This is truly reminding me of him being in Korea.  I don't think I've made this many cookies in awhile!

While I am missing my husband I want to enjoy the things that are planned while he is away.  I am so proud to be his wife and of the sacrifices he makes to support our family and defend the freedom of our country!  Couldn't ask for a better husband!!

No comments:

Post a Comment